1. A place where you can confidently trust every person and trust your family with them also.
2. A place where, within moral and civil guidelines; free thought, free speaking and the spiritual growth of man, can grow into its fullest potential.
3. A place to meet outstanding individuals from all walks of life, that a person would not otherwise have had the opportunity to know and call brother.
4. A place to be part of an organization which has for its principal tenets – Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth.
5. A place that provides self-development opportunities, leadership training and experience, and to improve public speaking skills.
6. A place you can go to seek support as well as give it.
7. A place where moral virtues are taught and through these teachings a regular reinforcement of the moral virtues is experienced.
8. A place to spend time with a group of brothers, who by acting as good men, make me want to become a better man. Not better than others, but better than I would have otherwise been.
9. A place to become better equipped to serve Church and community.
10. A place to meet with established members of the community and to become a part of the community.
©Copyright by Grand Lodge of Iowa 2001-2009. All Rights Reserved. Used by permission.