Becoming A Mason
To become a Freemason you must:
Be a man at least 18 years of age, be of good moral character, have a personal belief
in a Supreme Being (the definition of a Supreme Being is up to you), decide to become
a Mason of "your own free will and accord", be loyal to your country, be dedicated
to providing for your own family, have a sincere determination to conduct yourself
in a manner that will earn the respect and trust of others, and possess a desire
to help others through community service and universal benevolence.
information about the meaning of Masonry -
Ten Reasons to become a Mason - click here.
Follow these steps to become a member:
Talk with someone you know who is a member of the Fraternity. If you do not know
anyone who is a Mason, just contact us,
a lodge in your neighborhood, or the
Grand Lodge of Texas
. Masons do not solicit for members. You'll need to express
your personal interest in joining the Fraternity.
- Complete a Petition for the Degrees of Freemasonry and return it to your local lodge.
- Three members will meet with you to answer your questions.
- Your petition will be presented for secret ballot.
If accepted, you will be notified to appear to receive the first of the three Degrees
When the petition is completed, please:
- Bring it to us Monday or Wednesday evenings (except holidays),
- Mail it to us,
- Give it to another mason.
Conroe Masonic Lodge
Conroe, TX 77301